Re: [O] copy file from link into agenda

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] copy file from link into agenda
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:38:10 +0100

Hi Subhan,

Subhan Tindall <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I am trying to set up a class notes system using Org (based on my
> Nexus 7 w/BT Keyboard, but that's another story)
> I mostly have things they way I would like (I think), with each day's
> class notes as an org file, and a capture template to insert an entry
> into a date tree with some information + a link to the file name.
> This is all working great.
> What I would like is an agenda view that will pull the date tree
> entries matching a certain tag (IE class name) *AND* the linked file,
> and combine them into an agenda file
> For example,
> * 2013
> ** 2013-01 January
> *** 2013-01-21 Monday
> **** NOTE [2013-01-21 Mon 1410]     :class1:
> <filename.c>
> *** 2013-01-28 Monday
> **** NOTE  [2013-01-28 Mon 14:51]    :class1:
> <filename.a>
> **** NOTE  [2013-01-28 Mon 14:51]    :class2:
> <filename.9>
> *** 2013-01-29 Tuesday
> **** NOTE  [2013-01-29 Mon 14:51]    :class1:
> <filename.b>

You can do this manually -- in your date-tree file:

M-x org-agenda RET < a

will produce the agenda view for this file.

Then in this first agenda view, / TAB :class1: will
filter out entries that don't have the :class1: tag.

Then `E' will show the first lines of each entries,
displaying the .c files.

Of course, you can also build a custom agenda view
which does all this -- see the manual and the tutorials
on http://orgmode.org/worg/.

HTH,

--
 Bastien