[O] Activation - loading .emacs or .emacs.d emacsportable

From: Siegel, Aaron J.
Subject: [O] Activation - loading .emacs or .emacs.d emacsportable
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:00:46 +0000

Hello

Does anyone know if there is a mailing list for EmacsPortableApp?

I am running EmacsPortableapp 24.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601), download from the following link, on Windows 7.

   https://github.com/mlf176f2/EmacsPortable.App/

I am unable to get the shortcut setup .emacs or .emacs.d to work.  I have tried two different .emacs.  When I try to invoke a shortcut I receive the error “is undefined”.

                C-c a is undefined

====Org-Mode Activation http://orgmode.org/org.pdf =====

(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)

(global-set-key "\C-cc" 'org-capture)

(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

;; ===Org-Mode Activation http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html

(require 'org-install)

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org$" . org-mode))

(define-key global-map "\C-cl" 'org-stor-link)

(define-key global-map "\C-cc" 'org-capture)

(define-key global-map "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

(define-key global-map "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(setq org-agenda-files (quote ("~/org")))

The documentation is for EmacsPortableApp is confusing provides two different  instruction for  .emacs file. One section places the .emacs file in  /Data/startup and then in another section it states that .emacs goes in the Home director.  I have placed these files in my home directory (defined in the EmacsPortableApp.ini parameter Home) I have also tried placing the .emacs in /Data/startup.

I have not been abel to startup “Emacs 24 Starter Kit”  I have moved it into the .emacs.d under the Home and Startup directory it still does not work.  I used the “M-x regen-autoloads” command and received receive an error:

       M-x regen-autoloads [no match]

Aaron Siegel

Electrical Engineer

Climax Molybdenum