Re: [O] org-plus-contrib: Invalid function: org-no-popups

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] org-plus-contrib: Invalid function: org-no-popups
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:48:31 +0100

Bastien writes:
> I already suggested to *not* use ELPA at all for now.

I happen to think that this suggestion goes too far (if you think nobody
should use OIrg from ELPA, then you'd need to stop making it available
there and hopefully we already agreed that this isn't an option).  There
is actually no problem with ELPA when you install Org from it before
you've used Org (it wasn't designed to cope with any other situation).
In most cases that means simply using a fresh Emacs instance to install
Org from ELPA is good enough.  In those cases where Org is loaded during
initialization (and systems doing that really shouldn't do this before
package-initialize or else unload any features they have needed), one
can resort to 'emacs -Q' if the package directory has not been changed
from the defaults or '(unload-feature 'org t)' when that would be a
concern.

Regards,
Achim.