Re: [O] Still Wishing for Snooze

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Still Wishing for Snooze
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:26:11 +0100

Hi Andrew,

"Andrew M. Nuxoll" <address@hidden> writes:

> My first problem is that C-h is mapped to backspace on my computer.
> I presume (C-h v) means view help on a particular item.

C-h v is normally bound to `describe-variable'.

So you can run this:

M-x describe-variable RET org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp RET

> My second problem is that org-agenda-ignore is not a valid prefix for
> anything in my version of org-mode.

In recent Emacsen, the completion mechanism is clever enough to know
what to do when entering

M-x describe-variable RET org-agenda-ignore TAB

On the first TAB, it offers "org-agenda-t-ignore-"

If you complete "org-agenda-todo-ignore-" and press TAB again,
you should see five variables.

> (I have version 7.9.3d
> installed.).  I *think* you intended to point me to variables that
> begin with org-agenda-todo-ignore instead.  Can you confirm this is
> so?

I do :)

> My third problem is that I can not figure out how to use these
> variables to accomplish my purpose.  I think part of the problem is
> that I am using custom agenda commands.  The relevant code snippet
> for the command I use most is here:
>     (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>      '(
>        ("o" "Today's Tasks"
>         ((agenda "" ((org-agenda-ndays 1)))  ;; limits the agenda
> display to a single day
>          (todo "TODO"))
>         ((org-agenda-compact-blocks t)
>          ))
>          etc...

Try this:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("X" "Todo test" todo "TODO"
         ((org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled 2)))))

When listing todos, the ones that are 2 days or more in the future
will be ignored.

You can also use this for tags-todo if
`org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options' is set to t.

We don't have `org-agenda-agenda-honor-ignore-options' so
this is not relevant in agenda-type views.  Maybe we can
consider this.

In your case, this does not solve your problem, since you
want an item-based decision, not an agenda-based one.

But... my first question would be...

***** TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
      SCHEDULED: <2013-01-11 Tue +1w> DELAY: <2013-01-24 Thu>

why not simply have this instead:

***** TODO [#B] Verify login to the virtual machines
      SCHEDULED: <2013-01-25 Fri +1w>

?

Maybe I miss something obvious in your workflow, and maybe
this is something needed more widely.  Let us know!

> Would you please give me some more information?

Hope that helps,

--
 Bastien