Re: [O] How to track down "No heading for this item in buffer or region.

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] How to track down "No heading for this item in buffer or region."?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:10:48 -0500

Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> wrote:

> When I move the cursor over this lines a message appears in the
> echo area:
>
> byte-code: Before first headline at position 64 in buffer org.org [14 times]
>
> The second line of org.org begins at character 64 in the buffer.
> It's a timestamp:
>
> #Time-stamp: <2013-01-24 16:30:39 grfz>
>
> Till recently this was no problem since it is a comment line.
> Obviously org-mode somehow interprets this timestamp, since the
> messages disappeared after I changed the time stamp delimiter from
> `<' and `>' respectively to `"'.  I consider this to be a bug
> since these time stamps are a standard Emacs feature and this
> line is a comment org-mode-wise.

It works fine on the slightly old

Org-mode version 7.9.3d (release_7.9.3d-826-gbe0d87.dirty @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)

with the following file as the only agenda file:

# timestamp: <2013-01-24 Thu>

* TODO foo
  SCHEDULED: <2013-01-24 Thu>

If I get rid of the # or add something else before it, I get the
message you mention, but otherwise it is silent.

Assuming you are running a more recent version than the one above,
the bug may be because of a recent change to org-agenda-skip:
it used to check explicitly for # and skip the entry, but commit
211b137ef46d04b17b46f256696eb5c1c3a1d2be changed it to check a text
property. I guess the text property is not present or it is not checked
correctly.

Nick