Re: [O] Problem exporting code

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem exporting code
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:27:43 +0100

Thomas S. Dye writes:
> I think you and I have different definitions of "problem". From my
> user's perspective, something I "get away with," i.e., that doesn't have
> an effect on my work and productivity, isn't a problem.

That may well be true.  I'm firmly in the "fail fast and crash loudly"
camp.  In other words, if there is a problem, it should make itself
known at the earliest possible moment in a way that makes clear that it
needs to be fixed ASAP.  I encounter many folks that disagree with that
position, but usually only until one of those problems that fail to
clearly announce themselves causes them to lose important work later on.

Regards,
Achim.