Re: [O] org-caldav feedback

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav feedback
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:29:54 +0100

Torsten Wagner writes:
> I also noticed the files org-caldav-2094e16.el and org-caldav-backup.org.
> However, they are stored in my .emacs.d folder. Would it make sens to have an
> option to save them relatively to the org-file? E.g. relative to the path set
> in org-caldav-files? That would help to keep infos together and might be even
> security concern (e.g., you might forget to move or delete backup infos in
> .emacs.d)!?

Just adapt the variables org-caldav-backup-file and org-caldav-save-directory.

> SOGo calendars allow to set events and tasks (not sure whether tasks are part
> of the caldav specs). From what I can say they differ only in the fact that a
> task has a certain deadline and can be marked done. Thus, this would
> be equivalent to a TODO DEADLINE entry in org-mode

I'm not very familiar with the VTODO stuff. It doesn't make much of a
difference as far as CalDAV is concerned, but the import/export will
surely be tricky. For now, I'll concentrate on making the existing
features more stable.

-David