Re: [O] new exporter, conditional options according to backend

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter, conditional options according to backend
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:48:29 +0100

Hello,

Ezequiel Birman <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it possible to write something like this with the new exporter?

> org-export-current-backend 'e-beamer)) "H:1" "H:3")

There is no `org-export-current-backend' in the new exporter. Besides,
what you want is the default behaviour (see `org-e-beamer-frame-level'
variable).

> From what I read in org-export.el the backend is stored in a plist, not
> sure how to get it's value when exporting.
>
> Or, maybe I need to write a filter function to be run from
> org-export-before-process-hook?

Filters are different from hook. A function in a hook operates on an Org
buffer. A filter function operates either on a string in output syntax
or on the parse tree.

If, for some reason, you want to modify export options "on the fly", you
could create a filter function for parse tree, and modify options plist
from it:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my-options-change-fun (tree backend info)
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'e-beamer)
    (plist-put info :with-author nil))
  ;; Don't forget to return tree.
  tree)

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-parse-tree-functions
             'my-options-change-fun)
#+end_src

Regards,

--