Re: [O] building org on OSX for aquamacs?

From: Filippo Salustri
Subject: Re: [O] building org on OSX for aquamacs?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:25:06 -0500

UPDATE: Almost fixed.

Thanks to John Hendy and W.R. Greene for their suggestions and advice.
John suggested Emacs For OSX Modified, which comes with a recent org installed, but just *today* they released an update and announced they will no longer provide org. (That's the story of my life, folks.)
But I did manage to come across Marmalade, which installs into Aquamacs.

My current problem is that the byte-compilation of org 7.9.3d via Marmalade for Aquamacs fails such that loading org leads to the error "invalid function: org-check-version."

However, org seems to run fine from the uncompiled src.

Anyways, I'm getting there, thanks to the help from the community.
/fas