[O] Exporting headlines as blog-posts for Jekyll

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: [O] Exporting headlines as blog-posts for Jekyll
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:39:23 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to organize my "lab" notebook with org-mode.  Its working
great for personal use, but since my research is collaborative I need to
be able to share my progress with others.  I want to be able to take a
project file that has headlines in the form:
> * <2013-01-14 Mon> Dated Entry 1                                   :export:
and export their contents as html to:
/path/to/jekyll/site/_posts/2013-01-14-Dated-Entry-1.html

Then Jekyll will handle the rest for parsing and building up the final
product.  My inspiration is coming from:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-jekyll.html#sec-11

I've tried this code on my file and for some reason the timestamp always
comes out as nil, but when I manually run the code, the timestamp is
properly formatted. My specific implementation is here:
https://gist.github.com/4547520

I've checked all the usual places before posting, and I can't seem to
figure out what's going wrong, any insights would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

    Dave