Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] `org-load-noerror-mustsuffix´ is n ot defined, introduced by 5484a33b
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:44:57 -0700

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Stelian Iancu <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> I just updated Org-mode from Git a few minutes ago, and, after having
>>> problems, deleted the repo and cloned it again, ran make and make
>>> autoloads, but still cannot load org.el (or start with my usual
>>> starter-kit customisations):
>>>

>> [SNIP]
>>
>> Just my 2c: in my case, all I did was:
>> - clone the git repo
>> - add org-mode/lisp to the load-path
>> - make autoloads
>> - require 'org

If you are using the starter-kit, then Org-mode is required as the first
step of your Emacs initialization.  This is necessary so that the
`org-babel-load-file' function can be used to load your customization
from .org files.  In this case the best (only) way to ensure that the
most recent version of Org-mode is loaded is to add the path to your
Org-mode install to the emacs command line with something like the
following.

  emacs --eval "(add-to-list 'load-path \"~/src/org-mode/lisp/\")"

This may be simplified with a command line alias like the following.

  alias emacs="emacs --eval '(add-to-list (quote load-path)
\"~/src/org-mode/lisp/\")'"

When I find time I plan to add this to the starter-kit documentation.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte