Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] OBBDB(3) or org-contacts
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:04:28 +0000

Hi Gour,

Eric S Fraga writes:

> Gour <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Do you use bbdb3 and what are important things it brings over
>> bbdb2?

> Org will interpret the "anniversary" (e.g. birthdays, wedding
> anniversary, other dates) field in bbdb entries to bring in
> information into the agenda view, if desired.  Look at
> =org-bbdb-anniversary-format-alist=.

I could never get this to work satisfactorily, I can either see
birthdays or wedding anniversaries in the agenda but not both.

>> Have you, maybe, tried mu4e or should I simply stick with proven
>> Gnus?

I used to use gnus but changed to mu4e.  My gnus broke during the change
to emacs24 and I couldn't find the help out there to fix it.  Mu4e has
good documentation and a very helpful developer.  It was very easy to
change to mu4e.  If I had a very high volume of emails I would consider
having another go at gnus.

Myles