Re: [O] Upgrade to org 7.9.3.: clock in/out and org-odt export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Upgrade to org 7.9.3.: clock in/out and org-odt export
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 01:49:44 +0530

Martin Butz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello K. Jambunathan,
>
> (I guess Jambunathan is your sirname, but do not want to call you just
> "K").

No, don't do that :-).  You will be addressing my father.

Confusion is arises because of differences in naming across cultures.

I live in India.  In the state where I am from (Tamilnadu), we usually
have just a single component to the name. i.e., there is no First,
Middle or Last names and I really don't know what a "Surname" is.

So "Jambunathan" is my given name.  "K" is my Father's name that is
abbreviated to just the initials.

People usually call me "Jambu".

> one of the problems was my fault, I forgot to insert a
> "#+end_quote". After completed the missing comment, all went well.
>
> I encounter different problems, e.g. like an image link with missing
> source.

Try to narrow it down and pass across a simple snippet to me.  I will be
happy to fix it.  You can also look at *Messages* buffer, you may get
some clues.

> The exporter will not accept this. Also I had cases, where the
> export will work, but LibreOffice will crash trying to load the
> generated .odt-file. But I guess, this has nothing to do with org.

LibreOffice crashes usually when XML files are malformed.

If you don't have rnc files, (use M-x rng-what-schema RET while in an
XML file) then validation wouldn't catch errors. If you are running from
git, rnc files are installed for you and you can do the following right
within Emacs.

    1. C-x C-f test.odt.  Buffer will now be in archive-mode.
    2. RET on content.xml and/or any of the other XML files/
    3. C-c C-n. nXML will tell you where validation has failed.

This will give you clue on how to proceed further.  It is quite possible
that ODT exporter creates corrupt files.

You can also run the exported file through any of the OpenDOcument
validators in the cloud.  They seem to come and go.  So I will let you
google around, instead of providing any pointers.

See following node in the manual

        (info "(org) Validating OpenDocument XML")

> In another case the content.xml of the gererated .odt had some not
> closed elements (LibreOffice gave an error message), which I could fix
> and then repack the archive.

You should report this issue.  I will be happy to fix.