Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231

From: Stelian Iancu
Subject: Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 21:21:50 +0100

On Sunday, January 6, 2013, Eric Schulte wrote:
Tom Davey <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> This is a very interesting discussion. I too have run into this issue,
> and addressed it in a different way.
>
> My init.el contains only a defun and an add-hook. The defun is simple.
> It adds a few miscellaneous directories to load-path and then makes
> the call to Eric's starter kit via org-babel-load-file().
>
> The trick is this: I add the defun to the hook "after-init-hook". This
> ensures that my personal initialization, including the Starter Kit
> .org files, doesn't begin to execute until all the ELPA packages are
> initialized. That way my own initialization can depend on a fully
> stabilized Emacs.
>
> (add-hook 'after-init-hook 'my-after-init-hook-functions)
>
> I found this useful because my personal initialization makes little
> tweaks to my ELPA packages. It seems to give me the control over the
> order of initialization that I need.
>
> Regards to all,
> Tom Davey
>
> --
> Tom Davey
> address@hidden
> New York NY USA

Thanks for sharing, this does seem like the best way to ensure that all
of the packages are loaded.

I've just updated the starter kit to both require org and to use the
`after-init-hook'.

Hopefully this should fix as many problems as possible now, please let
me know if any issues persist.

Thanks Eric, will give it a shot.