Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Babel related bug in elpa version 20121231
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 12:07:09 +0100

Hi Achim,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> I hope that a later version of Emacs (not the upcoming 24.3, though)
> will properly move the bundled Org into a package.  That's been talked
> about for a while, but has not happened since it will likely require a
> few more tweaks to the way package manager works.

Please don't push into this direction.

I wish one day org-mode will be the default mode for etc/{TODO,PROBLEMS}
and such files in Emacs, instead of outline-mode.

I also wish Emacs can read an ~/.emacs.org init file.

So I strongly think Org should remain into Emacs' core.

(Modularity is like automation: the idea always looks appealing,
but the reality is not always so.)

--
 Bastien