Re: [O] Visibility cycling of plain lists?

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Visibility cycling of plain lists?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 22:05:07 +0800

On Dec 31, 2012 5:36 PM, "Bastien" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This confused me, however, because there is no "integrate" option in
> > org 7.9. There is an option "As children of outline headings."
>
> You are confusing the value of the option (which can indeed be
> 'integrate as a symbol) and the description of this choice in the
> customize interface.

My point exactly- neither the manual nor the docstring do anything to dispel that confusion.

> > Also, org-cycle-include-plain-lists's docstring is wrong: "When t,
> > make TAB cycle visibility on plain list items."
>
> Mhh... what is wrong here?

There are (at least) 3 options (I have no idea if there are any more), but only t is described.

I suppose t is the default behavior (tab collapses plain list items, but they're all open by default). But I'm guessing based on observation. This goes unstated.

'integrate is a valid option, but the docstring doesn't say so. It also doesn't say anything about the behavior of nil.

I can file bugs later.

hjh