Re: [O] collaborating between org-mode and MS Word users

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] collaborating between org-mode and MS Word users
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 19:31:28 +0100

* Julian Burgos <address@hidden> wrote:

> - Is there a better way to have a non-org mode use to edit/correct a
> org-mode document and then bring back the corrections to an org-mode
> document?

What about simple text files? Export your Org-file into UTF-8, keep
a copy of it and compare your copy with the file you will receive
from your colleague.

Notepad should be sufficient for your colleagues. But it also works
with an email client which does not convert to HTML emails.

> - What is the best way to compare org-mode nodes/branches (like in the
> above example the Version 1 and Version 2 nodes?).  Can I use ediff within
> an org-mode file?  Or should I keep separate versions on separate
> documents?

Eric already pointed you to git. I absolutely subscribe to this
idea.

Contrary to Eric I do think that somebody with no prior version
control experience is able to learn basics of git with a decent
tutorial pretty quickly.

The problem with git is that it is so different to SVN and others.
This way, people already using SVN and such are having issues when
moving to git.

--
Karl Voit