Re: [O] Bug: with option hidestars to be hidden stars are on white backr

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: with option hidestars to be hidden stars are on white backround on block terminal [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-882-gf47a71 @ /home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:20:12 +0100

Am 28.12.2012 16:59, schrieb Nicolas Richard:
I noticed the same kind of problem (outside org-mode). It turns out
that the special color "unspecified-bg" [1] does not work as expected
when using it as the foreground color : the text is not made invisible
and the aforementioned behaviour occurs.

Thanks, but why is the background color also changing in this case?

I guess that a workaround would be to test if "unspecified-bg" is
returned and use nil in that case (which is the old behaviour iiuc).

The original function only made sense if a replacement of "unspecified-bg" with "nil" was highly undesirable, so I'd think there will be further side-effects from doing this. I vote for a reversion of that patch until this behaviour has been analysed in some detail. If proves still necessary, the implementation of "org-find-invisible-foreground" can be further simplified, I'd think.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)