Re: [O] TODOs with repeat are not sorted correctly(?) in the agenda vie

From: Josef Atmin
Subject: Re: [O] TODOs with repeat are not sorted correctly(?) in the agenda view
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:36:00 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Bastien,

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:
> > I have tried to customize `org-agenda-sorting-strategy', but only
> > 'user-defined-up' might do the trick, I think.
> > However, I do not know LISP and
> > would not know how to define the required comparison function.
>
> In fact we need a date-up/date-down sorting strategy.

Maybe, it would be clearer to call it scheduled-up/scheduled-down,
because there are several different dates used.

As far as I understand, items are already sorted by date as a
fallback, i.e. it cannot be selected in the 'customize-variable' of
'org-agenda-sorting-strategy', but it is done anyway as a last rule.
However, the date used is not the SCHEDULED date but in repeated items
it is the last date in the past that one would get by incrementing the
SCHEDULED date by multiples of the interval set (e.g. .+1w), which I
find a not very useful behavior.

> I'm putting this in my TODO list for Org 8.0.

If you could implement a scheduled-up/scheduled-down to override this
behavior, that would be great.

Best wishes,

Josef.