Re: [O] Python code for producing Org tables

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Python code for producing Org tables
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 08:04:40 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Would you like something like

> | 3.1 |
> | 3.1415 |

> be aligned/modified as

> | 3.1000 |
> | 3.1415 |

> ?

More precisely as:

> | 3.1    |
> | 3.1415 |

which is aligning on dots, even if it looks like left-justifying.

There is a problem in that I have tables using a decimal period, and
others using a decimal comma, and the Python code only handles periods.
Instead of diving into complex locales things, which would not do
anyway, I would merely recognize both as a reasonable compromise.

> Don't worry, once you'll dive into `org-table-align' chances are that
> you will feel like "working" instead of "toying" :)

Grrr! :-)

> Bonnes fêtes !

Itou, itou!

François (who is soon going, to play the office this morning).