Re: [O] Rudel - Real-Time collaborative editing of Org-Mode files

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Rudel - Real-Time collaborative editing of Org-Mode files
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 00:18:46 +0100

Hi Ciaran,

Ciaran Mulloy <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wondering whether anyone had experience, good bad or indifferent in
> the use of minor mode Rudel (http://rudel.sourceforge.net/) for
> collaborative editing of org-mode file by a number of different people over
> the internet.
>
> I am hoping that it would provide similar collaborative working features
> that's available in Google Docs.

I don't have experience with Rudel but I'm also interested in hearing
from others -- maybe at some point we can organize some co-writing
session where we try to update Worg pages.

On the same topic, I'm interested to know if anyone is using prose.io
to collaborate on markdown docs:

  http://prose.io/about.html

The nice thing is that the code is free, and it should be fairly easy
for javascript programmers to adapt it so that it can handle basic Org
structure... and let *anyone* write Org doc collaboratively and
seemlessly.

  https://github.com/prose

Com'on, let's start something great :)

--