Re: [O] store-link behavior

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] store-link behavior
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:49:14 -1000

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> A pleasant feature of AucTeX is the context sensitive facility for
>> inserting cross references. So, having the cursor at the end of this
>> text, "(fig.", and pressing shortcut sequence gets a list of labeled
>> figure environments in a document, from which the correct one can be
>> chosen.
>>
>> Is there something similar in Org?
>>
>> I looked at store-link, with the hope that it would store a link to the
>> nearest link candidate, but with the cursor in the table-link table
>> below, store-link returns a link to the headline, test store-link, and
>> not a link to the table name, table-link.
>>
>> * test store-link
>> Some text.
>>
>> #+name: table-link
>> | a | 1 |
>> | b | 2 |
>>
>> I'm likely missing something obvious.  Any help much appreciated.
>
> I fixed `org-store-link' so that it stores the value of a keyword
> as the search string.  Try M-x org-store-link RET on #+name: and let
> me know if it works (from master).
>
> Thanks!

I pulled and tried M-x org-store-link RET at different points on a
#+name: line, but got the headline above every time

org-stored-links is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is
(("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland
 Activity" "Inland Activity")

("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland
 Activity" "Inland Activity")

("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland
 Activity" "Inland Activity")

("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland
 Activity" "Inland Activity")

("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland
 Activity" "Inland Activity"))

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-828-ge87344 @
/Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/)

Tom