Re: [O] Publishing org project as odt

From: Wiskey 5 Alpha
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing org project as odt
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 12:32:10 -0500

On 12/22/2012 07:54 AM, Jambunathan K wrote:
Wiskey 5 Alpha <address@hidden> writes:
    What i would *really* like is to publish the directory of org
files, with a command like =org-publish-org-to-odt=.  Is there a way
to do this currently ?

Currently there is no way to do it.  How is your publishing setup like?
Well, I have several org-mode files in a directory. These are the /source/ files. For each file, I open it in emacs, then =C-c C-e o= for each one. Next, I move all of the .odt's to a /build/ directory. Here I do any final adjustments to the odt file, and then create a presentation from the outline, (file->send->outline to presentation in libreoffice). I save this in the build directory. Finally I make any final adjustments to the presentation.

All of this is a painfully manual process, and I am looking to do it all in a make/shell script. I considered using the publish facility because that would basically do exactly what I just described. The only problem is that publish can create an html or pdf file, but not an odt... right ?

-Tim