Re: [O] test failure

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] test failure
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:18:58 +0100

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> ``make test'' fails on just-updated org:
>
> Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-725-ge55681 @
> /home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
>
> with the following backtrace:
>
> ,----
> | Test test-org-src/blank-line-block backtrace:

Fixed, thanks.

> I thought Michael Brand's problem described in
>
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/63523
>
> might have something to do with it, but wrapping a progn around the
> forms of the test did not make any difference.
>
> When I simulate the test by hand, I don't get the error, so this seems
> to be another of those errors that only surface when the test suite is
> run in batch mode.

Indeed.  Actually, the test passed okay when trying to edit from line
2 (#+begin_src) so I changed that, since we really want to test whether
those source blocks can be edited at all.

> BTW, why in the above is the following a prog1, rather than a progn?
>
>    (prog1 (goto-line 3) (org-edit-special) (insert "blah") (org-edit-sr

No reason, this is an error.

(prog1 ,@body (kill-buffer)) in org-test-with-temp-text-in-file had two
problems:

  (1) (prog1 ,@body ...) is unpredictible
  (2) (kill-buffer) within (with-temp-buffer ...) does not make sense.

I fixed this.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien