[O] "Contexts"?

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] "Contexts"?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:16:28 -0800

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to tell Emacs or org-mode
to be in a certain context, where a certain directory is "home" depending on
what context I'm working in currently.

For example, if I'm giving a presentation, I would like org-mode/Emacs/ido-mode
to have ~/presentation as a base/starting directory and only show
files from there
when I switch files using Ido (I have files named according to
customers, etc, and don't
want those to appear when I'm giving a presentation).

I realize this is more of an Emacs question, but what do other people do to have
perhaps a "work" mode for Emacs and a "personal" mode for Emacs?

Thanks,
--Nate