Re: [O] export_file_name problem with new exporter

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] export_file_name problem with new exporter
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:03:32 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I understand it. What I actually would like is to be able to specify a
>> different "working directory". Right now it defaults to the directory
>> where the org file is, but it's often not satisfactory (especially when
>> compilation creates additional files). Would this be difficult to add?
>
> That is the purpose of publishing, as discussed in this thread.

Not really: looking at the code, publishing does all its work in the
current directory, then moves the final file to its place (leaving all
the mess compilation made behind). I understand the reason for such a
thing: publishing should only publish the final result.

In other words, I see three places of interest:
- where the org file is
- where export and compilation occurs
- where the final result is put

Publishing lets us deal with the last one, but I don't think there is a
way to distinguish between the first two.

> Btw, please commit your changes to org-e-beamer.el when you have
> validated your FSF papers.

By "validating", do you mean that I have received them back signed from
the FSF? (I signed and sent them a few weeks ago, still waiting to get
them back ...)

Alan