Re: [O] texinfo -- markup in example blocks

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] texinfo -- markup in example blocks
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:51:21 -0500

Hello Tom

On 7 December 2012 16:27, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
Aloha Jon,

How can I mark up text in an example block? The following describes what
I'm after, but the markup, @b{} and @i{}, is passed through on export.

#+begin_example
,** Lord of the Rings
   My favorite scenes are (in this order)
   1. The attack of the Rohirrim
   2. Eowyn's fight with the witch king
      + this was already my favorite scene in the book
      + I really like Miranda Otto.
   3. Peter Jackson being shot by Legolas
      - on DVD only
      He makes a really funny face when it happens.
   But in the end, no individual scenes matter but the film as a whole.
   Important actors in this film are:
   - @@info:@b{Elijah Wood}@@ :: He plays Frodo
   - @@info:@b{Sean Austin}@@ :: He plays Sam, Frodo's friend.  I still remember
     him very well from his role as Mikey Walsh in @@info:@i{The Goonies}@@.
#+end_example

Your best bet would be to wrap the block in #+begin_src texinfo/#+end_src

#+begin_src texinfo
  ** Lord of the Rings
     My favorite scenes are (in this order)
     1. The attack of the Rohirrim
     2. Eowyn's fight with the witch king
        + this was already my favorite scene in the book
        + I really like Miranda Otto.
     3. Peter Jackson being shot by Legolas
        - on DVD only
        He makes a really funny face when it happens.
     But in the end, no individual scenes matter but the film as a whole.
     Important actors in this film are:
     - @b{Elijah Wood} :: He plays Frodo
     - @b{Sean Austin} :: He plays Sam, Frodo's friend.  I still remember
       him very well from his role as Mikey Walsh in @i{The Goonies}.
#+end_src

You'll have to insert normal @b{...} and @i{...} but they will be properly exported.

Non-lisp source blocks are treated as @example/@end example in the
exporter, as are fixed width blocks (although those escape any
@-commands).  Example blocks are exported as verbatim since those
perform no transformation on the content within.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

Regards,

--
Jon