Re: [O] Babel give "Marker does not point anywhere" first run of LaTeX e

From: Michael Gauland
Subject: Re: [O] Babel give "Marker does not point anywhere" first run of LaTeX export; subsequent are fine
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:14:30 +0000 (UTC)

John Hendy <jw.hendy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> When I open an org file the first time and export to PDF via LaTeX, I
> get the error "Marker does not point anywhere" and the LaTeX export
> quits. Running it again without doing anything else succeeds, and all
> subsequent exports work fine.

What version of emacs are you running?  I haven't seen it on Windows 7 (NTEmacs
24), but have on Debian stable (emacs 23).

In my case, I tracked the problem down to comint.el (in the emacs lisp
directory). A function in there creates a temporary buffer (" *temp*"), but
doesn't check to make sure the name is unique. Newer versions of comint.el don't
do this.

Let me know if you want further help troubleshooting this.

Kind Regards,
Mike Gauland