Re: [O] including the result of a block in several places?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] including the result of a block in several places?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:57:04 +0100

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I've had these in my .emacs for quite a while and they seem to work:
>
> ** ON Load Standard Library of Babel
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle yes
>   (org-babel-lob-ingest
> "~/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/contrib/babel/library-of-babel.org")
> #+end_src

Thanks a lot, I'm now able to call the "echo" function.

Unfortunately it does not exactly do what I want (but I was not really
clear about what I wanted first). Here is the code I have (don't worry
about the code inside the blocks, the idea is that I want a source block
and its results on two different slides, without having to duplicate
them):

#+begin_src org
** Prototype-based objects

#+name: object_example
#+begin_src js :results code output :exports both
var f = function(a) {
        this.x = a
}

f.prototype = {y : 1}

var o = new f (42)

console.log("o.x = " + o.x + ", o.y = " + o.y)
#+end_src

Results

#+results: object_example

** Prototypes resolution

#+BEGIN_SRC coq
Inductive proto : heap -> field -> loc -> loc -> Prop :=
  | proto_null : forall h f,
      proto h f loc_null loc_null
  | proto_here : forall h l f,
      indom h l f ->
      proto h f l l
  | proto_next : forall h l f l' l'',
      ~ indom h l f ->
      binds h l field_proto l' ->
      proto h f l' l'' ->
      proto h f l l''.
#+END_SRC

** Prototype-based objects

#+call: echo(object_example) :results code output :exports both
#+end_src

My problem is twofold.
- The code from "object_example" is not repeated. I guess that here what
I want is to be able to export a source code block in several places. Is
it possible?
- The highlighting of the results in the "#+call:" line is not in
javascript syntax, and I don't know how to tell the call that the result
will be javascript.

Thanks again,

Alan