Re: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 08:04:57 +0900

> like the following:
>
> * Org mode is useful for
> ** Organising projects
> ** Maintaining TODO lists and calendars
> ** Keeping notes
> ** Creating high quality formatted documents
> ** Literate programming
>
> Each of the above could then be linked to relevant pages of the manual
> or worg.

A slightly improved version in my view:

* Org mode is useful for
** Organising projects, maintaining TODO lists and calendars
** Creating high quality formatted documents
** Keeping notes
** Literate programming

Would everyone agree that before "Download and install", we have
something like the above on the front-page?

We would still need to decide what to do with the title. Following
suggestions have come so far:

1. Org-mode (only)
2. Org-mode: your life in plain text
3. "Orgmode is a Free/libre plain-text system for GNU Emacs for
organizing project, and maintaining TODO lists, keeping notes, doing
literate programming and exporting to many high quality formats."
4. Orgmode is a Free/libre plain-text versatile personal workflow and
information tool for GNU Emacs allowing you to keep and organize
notes, projects, calendars, do literate programming and reproducible
research, and export all your informations and documents to a variety
of cam-ready formats.
5. Org-mode: the text editor's best chance at achieving the singularity.
6. Org-mode: It's difficult to say what exactly Emacs' Org-mode will
do for you; it's easier to list all things it doesn't do.

I would actually vote for the old orgmode title phrase (option 2 above).

Vikas