Re: [O] Org Writer's room

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] Org Writer's room
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 06:59:35 -0500

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:36 AM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am attaching screen shot of LibreOffice UI.
>
> On the left is the navbar.
> - You can quickly navigate to any heading, a table or a captioned
>   figure.
>
> On the right is the style - one can choose char, paragraph, frame, list
> styles - at point.
> - In case of Org it will probably be element or point at point.
>
> In the center, toward lower right is the jump to next and prev element
> arrows.
>
> So the global view, doc view and local view seems to be pretty universal
> across all UIs.

that is a really nice setup, I'm going to steal it too (I usually have
the navbar and the style staked on top of ach other, but I like yours
better).  Style-at-point is useful for formatting but one thing I like
about both scrivener and org-mode is how little emphasis is placed on
interfaces for styles.  Instead you focus on content.  Libreoffice
doesn't have anything like the "synopsis" property that scrivener
associates with document nodes -- mostly I guess because the document
model is quite different.