[O] The statement on what is orgmode.

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 07:28:17 +0900

The top title space on the orgmode website says: "Org mode is for
keeping notes, maintaining TODO lists, doing project planning, and
authoring with a fast and effective plain-text system."

Orgmode today does a lot more than organising/planning. I felt that
the above does not adequately reflect what orgmode is useful for. I
would think that a new visitor coming to the website would be mislead
to think that it is primarily a planning/to do application. For
example, writers/publishers who need to produce formatted output would
not think that there is something useful here for them.

I feel that the above statement does not adequately express that
orgmode can do this and a lot more.

Any comments/suggestions?

Vikas