Re: [O] org-caldav: Sync Org with external calendars through CalDAV (Own

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: [O] org-caldav: Sync Org with external calendars through CalDAV (Owncloud, Google, ...)
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 20:50:35 +0100

Stephen Eglen writes:
> David Engster <deng <at> randomsample.de> writes:
>> Bastien writes:
>> >
>> > I have this:
>> >
>> > machine smtp.gmail.com login bastienguerry <at> gmail.com password xxxxxx
>>
>> Since we're connecting to google.com this shouldn't matter, obviously,
>> thus I'm at a loss why it doesn't ask. I currently cannot test anything
>> reliably because I'm on vacation and there's no 3G around here, so I'm
>> afraid this has to wait a bit. Unless "someone" beats me to it.

> did either of you resolve this problem about org-caldav just asking for the
> password, and not the username?  I am now trying org-caldav, and am seeing the
> same problem.  Happy to debug further if you can tell me which functions to
> look
> into.

I'm at a loss why this happens, and I could not reproduce it with my
account. This problem really has nothing to do with org-caldav, since it
is delegating this part to the url package. As I've already written to
Bastien, please try

 (url-retrieve-synchronously
   "https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/address@hidden/events/";)

If this doesn't ask for your username, then there's your
problem. Depending on the Emacs version you're using, you might want to
set

(setq auth-source-debug t)

to see whether some .netrc file or similar is setting the username for
you (look into the *Messages* buffer).

-David