Re: [O] Anyone using or working on ob-scheme?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Anyone using or working on ob-scheme?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:30:51 +0100

Michael Gauland <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz <at> googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> just as a side remark: I remember that, when trying to write
>> ob-picolisp, I tried to base it on ob-scheme, since it seemed the next
>> logical thing to do (its about two lisp dialects). And I was surprised
>> how much had to be changed and how different the final results were.
>
> Thanks for you response. Did you need to change so much because the languages
> differed more than you expected, or was there another reason?
>
> Any tips you could provide based on your experience would be appreciated.

I forgot all the details, I was an absolute starter with Elisp and I got
stuck sometimes and received help from the org-babel creator Eric
Schulte. Of course some language specific details caused problems, but
the resulting code was not only a copy with some tiny changes.

Maybe you could figure out which parts of ob-scheme don't do what they
should and then compare these parts with its counterparts in
ob-picolisp - it might give you some ideas for alternative solutions.

--
cheers,
Thorsten