[O] org-link and gnus-registry

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: [O] org-link and gnus-registry
Date: 23 Nov 2012 14:37:36 +0100

Hi to all

I'm trying to setup gnus-registry for use with org-link. What I want to
do is reading emails (nnimap) in the INBOX, create a todo with
org-remember containing a link to this email, then move the email to
another group.

As was discussed before in this list, gnus-register is the way to do
this. Otherwise org-link will not find the message after it has gone to
another group.

This is not working for me. It might have to do with how org-store-links
creates the link. For me the links look like this:

[[gnus:address@hidden from
Yongbin: Re: Visit]]

"Stuff" is the name of my INBOX. This means the message-ID contains the
name of the original group. If the message is moved to another group, it
won't be found. It seems that either org-store-link or org-follow-link
does not respect gnus-registry.

I cannot find the mistake. Can somebody help me?

This is my setup (Emacs 23.4.1, Ubuntu 12.10):

,----
| .gnus.el:
`----

(setq gnus-registry-install t)

(setq
 gnus-registry-split-strategy 'majority
 gnus-registry-ignored-groups '(("nnrs" t)
                                ("expired-spool" t)
                                ("out-spool" t)
                                ("deleted-messages" t)
                                ("nndraft" t)