Re: [O] [org-e-latex] Coding System

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [org-e-latex] Coding System
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 14:49:16 +0100

Hello,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> I looked at the code/documentation and it seems the intention is to do
> the reverse lookup, that is look at the buffer encoding and decide what
> to give inputenc as argument (when it is specified as "AUTO" in the
> header template).  I maintain that the other way around (looking at the
> header template and deciding the coding system) is probably easier to
> understand and it is also what's already been used by Emacs: see
> latexenc-find-file-coding-system and latex-inputenc-coding-alist.

Emacs also provides `latexenc-coding-system-to-inputenc', so it doesn't
look like one way is more legitimate than the other.

Note that we can have both ways: with AUTO, let coding-system decide and
without AUTO, let inputenc decide. Also, it isn't necessary to change
the global coding system to change the coding system used to write the
file: see `org-export-coding-system'.

Anyway, if you think it's useful to provide a patch, I suggest to
dynamically bind `org-export-coding-system' in
`org-e-latex-export-to-latex' before `org-export-to-file' is called.
You'll have to open "outfile" in order to apply
`latexenc-find-file-coding-system'.

Do you want to provide such patch?

Regards,

--