[O] including emphasis characters as word characters?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [O] including emphasis characters as word characters?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:19:54 +0800

Would it make sense to add the markup characters (ie, the car of every
item in `org-emphasis-alist') to the list of word characters, so that as
we're moving/deleting/transposing by word in org, the markup characters
are included? I mean with a sentence like:

#+BEGIN_SRC org
I read a book called /Fortress Besieged/ and it was awful.
#+END_SRC

If point is at end of the sentence, I'd like to be able to hit "M-6 M-b"
and have point end up just before the first slash, then hit "M-2 M-d" and
kill both words plus second slash.

Would this be a bad idea for some reason?

Ta,
Eric