Re: [O] change the latex header per subtree

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] change the latex header per subtree
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:20:55 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Speaking of which, couldn't this be made easier?  There's only one
> org-export-latex-packages-alist and if you're trying to use very
> different LaTeX classes you'll end up specifying [NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
> and then copying a lot of \usepackage stuff around.

So what? You define your latex classes once in your configuration
variable, and you're all set. That doesn't sound that bad.

> If it was possible to give an argument to [PACKAGES] (default, header,
> <custom>), then there would be no need for [NO-PACKAGES] and
> [DEFAULT-PACKAGES] and one yould use several sets of package
> definitions in multiple class definitions. It would be especially neat
> if there was a pendant to LATEX_HEADER that would allow to specify
> additional package collections on the fly.

So, you may to make it easier by providing an even more complex
machinery? ;) IMO, the current system is good enough for the job, even
if the initial step introduces a lot of duplicate lines.

Also, if you want to add package collections, you may include
a header-only file in your class, I guess.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou