[O] things I don't understand about tables

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: [O] things I don't understand about tables
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 18:34:11 -0500 (EST)

Why is it when I try putting a date in this table using the calendar I get
no date entered when in a blank field and hear the message:
Before first headline at position 376 in buffer medlog.org

| date             | sugar   | weight   | cystalic   | diastalic   | exercise
| notes                                    |
|------------------+---------+----------+------------+-------------+------------+------------------------------------------|
| 18>              | <7>     | <8>      | <10>       | <11>        | <10>
| <40>                                     |
|                  |         |          |            |             |
|                  |         |          |            |             |

I almost need two separate tables one with dates and notes and the other
with dates and other fields but would need to link both tables on the date
field.
When I tried reading what I wrote in an earlier version of this table, all
I could find on the screen was dollar signs.  Lines went beyond emacs line
width so I'll need to find out how to have amacs shut off the dollar sign
display and show content instead if I can get the rest of this figured
out.

jude <address@hidden> Adobe fiend for failing to Flash