Re: [O] Sexp aganda entries broken?

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] Sexp aganda entries broken?
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 01:49:04 +0100

On 11/10/2012 05:24 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Simon Thum<address@hidden>  writes:

I know that, but I deemed it useful to document it as a related but
separate mechanism on its own merit. Perhaps there could be a link to
10.3.1 to make it clear that the notations differ in important ways?

Since %%(...) syntax isn't a timestamp /per se/, there is no reason to
refer to it in the timestamps part of the manual.

Also, despite its own merit, it's an antiquated[fn:1] and irregular
syntax, which doesn't deserve much publicity. It won't disappear, but
it's better to circumvent its uses.

I see, it just seemed to me that org-contacts uses it for (seemingly) good reasons and there is no replacement or deprecation. Is there missing consensus on this syntax?

Cheers,

Simon

Regards,

[fn:1] Even the example given in "Calendar/Diary integration" section is
outdated, as it relies on CATEGORY keyword to change category on the fly
within the same section (see footnote in 10.4.1).