Re: [O] How can I use xelatex with the new latex exporter?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] How can I use xelatex with the new latex exporter?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:22:49 +0100

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 01:40:14AM +0100, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm playing with the new latex exporter, and I'd like to use xelated
> > with it. I used to follow the instructions from worg
> > (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#using-xelatex-for-pdf-export), but
> > it seems that the hook org-export-latex-after-initial-vars-hook is not
> > used for the new exporter. Is there a similar hook I can use?

I never understood that FAQ.  I have been using XeLaTeX for sometime now
with minimal configuration.

> Before using this machinery, is it enough to customize
> `org-e-latex-pdf-process'?

This is pretty much what I do.

;;; XeLaTeX customisations
;; remove "inputenc" from default packages as it clashes with xelatex
(setf org-export-latex-default-packages-alist
      (remove '("AUTO" "inputenc" t) org-export-latex-default-packages-alist))

(add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "xltxtra" t))
;; commented for now as preferable to set per file for now
;; (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "unicode-math" t))
;; (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist
;;           "\\setmathfont{Linux Libertine O}" t) ; needed for unicode-math

;; org to latex customisations, -shell-escape needed for minted
(setq org-latex-to-pdf-process          ; for regular export
      '("xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
        "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
        "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f")
      org-export-dispatch-use-expert-ui t ; non-intrusive export dispatch
      org-e-latex-pdf-process           ; for experimental org-export
      '("xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
        "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f"
        "xelatex -shell-escape -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o
%f"))

I do not use unicode-math anymore but the OP can try uncommenting some
of the lines above.

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu