Re: [O] Bug: source code editing using C-c ' (org-edit-special) eats cha

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: source code editing using C-c ' (org-edit-special) eats characters
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:04:53 +0000

On 07/11/2012 23:02, Eric S Fraga wrote:
Andy Moreton <address@hidden> writes:
I'm seeing a similar problem in emacs trunk (r110821) where "C-c '" in
the *Org Src* buffer closes the source edit window and discards the
entire contents of the source block.

Should I raise an emacs bug for this ?

    AndyM

I've seen this happen recently as well, specifically where I have added
comment lines to the source, e.g. lines starting with # in sh src code
blocks.  I was in a rush to get something done so didn't stop to try to
figure out what was happening or to generate a minimal example.  I also
don't know if it's still happening -- this happened to me late last
week, IRC.  I also don't know if the problem was dependent on the
version of Emacs as I use three systems daily (long story).

This problem does seem difficult to reproduce consistently.
Editing this to add new source discarded all edits:

#+begin_src c
#+end_src

Changing it to use "C" made it keep the edits:

#+begin_src C
#+end_src

However after changing the source block back to using "c", the problem did not return.

I've seen problems more consistently with shell script blocks:

#+begin_src shell-script
#+end_src

I'll try to produce a recipe that can consistently show this problem.

    AndyM