Re: [O] [new exporter] what is the label syntax for LaTeX export?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] what is the label syntax for LaTeX export?
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 10:24:10 +0100

> One problem I am having is that the exported LaTeX replaces the ":" with
> a "-" to become \ref{tab-niceone} which precludes the use of (e.g.)
> \autoref which would need to know that the thing being referenced was a
> table by recognising the "tab:", no?  I am sure there is a good reason
> for this, can you say why?

This is due to one of the few functions that was brought from the old
exporter: `org-export-solidify-link-text'.

That's because targets (that is <<...>> or #+NAME: ...) have no
limitation on the characters allowed in their value, which can lead to
problems when translated into foreign code (i.e. an % sign in the target
when using the latex back-end).

So, the function replaces forbidden characters with hyphens.

Besides using filters, a solution might be either:

1. to remove colons from the forbidden characters.
2. to limit the characters allowed in targets and remove
   `org-export-solidify-link-text' altogether.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou