Re: [O] error: Execution of bibtex2html

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] error: Execution of bibtex2html
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 16:23:31 -0500

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Just a couple of obvious suggestions; are you sure bibtex2html is in
> > your path when you launch Emacs?  Maybe adding /usr/local/bin to your
> > PATH will do the trick.  I would put such modifications in
> > ~/bash_profile (assuming you use bash as shell), logout and login before
> > trying again.
> >
> > The symlink you created, is it really /usr/bin.bibtex2html or is that a
> > typo?
>
> Sorry, that was a typo. I am able to directly run bibtex2html from the
> bash shell prompt. ECHO $PATH shows /usr/local/bin. So that should not
> be a problem. But somehow org-exp-bibtex.el cannot find it. I wonder
> if org-exp-bibtex has the path hard-coded into it! Or something else?

Depending on how it is started, emacs may have a different idea of PATH
than bash. Check in emacs with (getenv "PATH") or by starting a shell
M-x shell and trying to run bibtex2html from there. org-exp-bibtex.el
does not hard code the path afaict, so if the above succeeds, then it
should succeed as well.

Nick