Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 01:46:02 +0530

Nathan Neff <address@hidden> writes:

> I am using org-odt.el version 24.1 and org-mode version
> 7.8.11 (release_7.8.11-723-g0f3b6

$ git log 0f3b6

fatal: ambiguous argument '0f3b6': unknown revision or path not in the
working tree.  Use '--' to separate paths from revisions
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That looks suspicious to me.  I see no such commit in maint or master
branch.  The error that you report is not something I remember to have
seen in the past.  Can you not switch to 7.9.* versions?

You can install the latest version via M-x list-packages RET.  Follow
the ELPA link from Org homepage: http://orgmode.org/,
http://orgmode.org/elpa.html.

For exporting to pdf, you can specify a value of "pdf" at

    M-x customize-variable RET org-export-odt-preferred-output-format RET

or while visiting Org file do,

   M-x add-file-local-variable RET org-export-odt-preferred-output-format
    RET "pdf" RET

and revisit (C-x C-v) that file.

or You can follow the bind suggestion by Nicolas here:

   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-09/msg00039.html

(Note that Nicolas' suggestion has a typo)