Re: [O] how to avoid floating number problems with org-table for finance

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] how to avoid floating number problems with org-table for finances?
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 19:04:39 +0100

Hi Thomas

I hope it’s not too late but I got into some backlog with reading the list.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Thomas Koch <address@hidden> wrote:
> #+TBLFM: @4$1=vsum(@address@hidden);%.40f

For your example I would recommend:
#+TBLFM: @4$1=vsum(@address@hidden); f-2
or if you really want 40 digits precision for the calculations behind:
#+TBLFM: @4$1=vsum(@address@hidden); p40 f-2
Please read my explanations here:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#table-high-precision

The integer calculation you suggested with decimal point notation is
not possible out of the box and if at all I would rather go the way of
Calc Fractions to get infinite precision:
| 3:10 |
| 3:10 |
| 3:10 |
| 9:10 |