Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:45:31 -0400

Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Nick,
>
> > Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> In org-latex.el, within the binding:
> >>
> >>     (if to-buffer
> >>         (unless (eq major-mode 'latex-mode) (latex-mode))
> >>       (save-buffer))
> >>

> > You mean that's where you get the error?
>
> No, this is where AUCTeX is loaded.
>
> >> Recipe:
> >>
> >>     emacs -q # + AUCTeX
> >>     C-x b rms RET
> >>     M-x org-mode RET
> >>     M-: (insert "a") RET
> >>     C-x h
>
> Are you sure that (featurep 'tex) is nil at this point?

Yes.

> >>     M-x org-export-region-as-latex RET
>
> ... if it is nil, (latex-mode) should load AUCTeX, which ultimately
> breaks AUCTeX due to the ignored defvar.

Not in my case: (latex-mode) loads the standard tex mode. How do you get
auctex loaded? I thought it was a separate package that needs special
initialization: (load "auctex.el" nil t t) is what the documentation
says. And I have 11.86 which I believe is latest available, but I might
be behind the times: I haven't worried about it in a few years.

Nick