Re: [O] Capture error

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] Capture error
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 02:35:01 +0900

Hello,

On 10月 31 2012, address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Nick,
>>>
>>> I tried moving org-capture.elc out of the way and reloading Org, but
>>> with the same results.  Starting emacs again didn't make a difference.
>>>
>>> I'm still getting org-refile: Invalid function: with-demoted-errors
>>>

>> But note the different error: now org-refile complains. It may have had
>> the same compilation problem that the original function had. I'd suggest
>> cleaning out all the .elc files, trying it, and if that succeeds, remaking
>> from scratch.
>
> Sharp eyes!  You must have been down this road before.
>
> Yes, cleaning out the .elc files corrects the problem.  However, the
> problem comes back with a new make update.
>
> Thanks for your help and the interim solution.
>
> Any idea if the compilation problem is something in my setup that I
> should worry about? Or is it likely a problem with the Org build process
> that will get ironed out?

Sorry for jumping in.,

If I happened to see something is wrong with my Emacs or org-mode (I build both
from vc heads.) I will first do git clean and build again.,

    git reset --hard
    git clean -xdf
    # (Remember both commands are destructive in a sense)

So that I can make sure my built is clean up to certain degree.

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు
YYR