Re: [O] Bug in org-log-into-drawer

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in org-log-into-drawer
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 19:52:24 -0700

At Sat, 27 Oct 2012 11:00:40 +0200,
Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Hello Erik,
>
> I would have said that this does make sense, as the property LOG_INTO_DRAWER
> is not inherited by the TODO entry, does it?
>
> See http://orgmode.org/manual/Property-inheritance.html for the few Org
> properties for which inheritance is hard-coded.
>
> > The attached patch fixes the issue, allowing a nil value of the
> > LOG_INTO_DRAWER property to override a t value of the org-log-into-drawer
> > variable.

Hi Seb,

The function org-log-into-drawer called the function org-entry-get
with the inherit argument before I got there. (Maybe it needs to be
added to that list?) This issue had to do with the difference between
the string nil (as supplied in the property) and the value nil
(meaning no property was found).

best, Erik
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.