Re: [O] Web site bug

From: Simon Thum
Subject: Re: [O] Web site bug
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:57:39 +0200

On 10/25/2012 12:42 AM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Simon,

Simon Thum<address@hidden>  writes:

I just set up another machine and noticed that the ELPA install still
recommends (require 'org-install).

http://orgmode.org/elpa.html

That worked but got me warnings.

I added a note about (require 'org-install) not being required for
Org>  7.9.2 -- thanks!

Sorry but to me this just worsens the (or my) confusion around org-install.

In git we find this org-install.el:

;;; org-install.el --- autogenerated file, do not edit
;;
;;; Code:
(warn "The file org-install is obsolete.
Please change your configuration to (require 'org) instead.")

Apart from it not being autogenerated, it's confusing that I should use 'org instead.

Which is the recommended thing in what setup? If ELPA needs not even 'org, which AFAIK is not the case, then what? And what about git installs?

I guess I'm wholly confused now.

Cheers,

Simon